Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Donald Rumsfeld for the Washington Post


This was a fun piece. The AD, Allie proposed the idea of a split image of Rumsfeld since there are 2 books being reviewed about him. (One, an autobiography and the other, fiction.)

I was only required to illustration the right side. I was tempted to illustrated the full face but wanted to make sure the side that was being used got all my attention. I drew it about 17 inches tall to get in all the nooks and crannies in Rummy's face.

I've done a few b/w spots for the Wash. Post in the past but nothing as cool as this. Fun to draw something over the weekend and then see it in print a few days later.

1 comment:

Justin Renteria said...

Nice piece, Brian! I'm kinda partial to the zombie-like one, with the pale yellow skin. Of course, I may be a little biased. Congrats!

About Me

Clients include: Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, ESPN, Fast Company, WIRED UK.