Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Los Angeles Times 2010 Business Quiz



I was pleased to get some work over the holiday. I wasn't expecting any new calls until the new year. I came up with a few ideas for the LA Times 2010 business quiz which came out New Year's Day.

My first instinct was to do a gameshow theme with a cheesy Wink Martindale/Gene Rayburn type host with a little 'Press Your Luck' feel for the graphics. I gave a few other ideas just in case but they went for the quizshow idea. The AD said it "got a lot of in-house compliments" so that's cool.

Working on a few other things that I'll show once published: UFC Magazine, Chronicle Review & Stocks & Commodities.

5 comments:

John W. Tomac said...

This looks great on the page. Solid idea, too. I like that your game show host has the Bob Barker-style microphone.

BTillustration said...

Thanks!

pete ryan said...

Looks awesome

Owen Schumacher said...

Yeah, the colors and design look really great. You'd rock at doing a board game, Brian.

BTillustration said...

Board game would be fun....

About Me

Clients include: Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, ESPN, Fast Company, WIRED UK.